Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pulled Pork Cornbread Pancakes and Sausage Cornbread Crepe with Corkscrew BBQ

If you have not been to or heard of Corkscrew BBQ in The Woodlands, you have no idea what you are missing out on.  This husband and wife operation has been taking the BBQ world by a storm since they first started about 19 months ago.  The people that I take to Corkscrew BBQ for the first time and they ask me what is good...I tell them everything...and I mean it.  There is not a bad thing on their menu from meats to their sides. 
 
Here is a little teaser of their Pulled Pork and Sausage



My top to favorite items there are the Pulled Pork Potato Corkscrew Style and the Whole Hog Sandwich.  The potato is loaded with pulled pork topped with a slaw, pico de gallo and green chili ranch...who would have thought to put slaw and pico de gallo on topped of a pulled pork baked potato!  Everything works so well together.  I top mine off with fresh jalapeno!

Now the Whole Hog Sandwich is a story of its own!  Imagine a sandwich topped with a layer of pulled pork, then a layer of pork sausage and....I repeat the "and"...a dinosaur size pork rib!  At this point, it really is not a sandwich anymore!  Of course topped with fresh jalapeno and slathered in their BBQ Sauce!

Check out their website and you will just start drooling.  www.corkscrewbbq.com

Any who...I had gotten some of their Pulled Pork and Sausage to create two dishes.  I asked them not to sauce the meat so I can create my own sauce.  I had made BBQ Cornbread  Pancakes at a friends lake house several months ago and I wanted to improve on it and make Crepes at the same time.  With the Pancake and Crepe in mind, I automatically think of something sweet so I created a Candied Jalapeno Peach BBQ Sauce.

Candied Jalapeno Peach BBQ Sauce:
Especially with pancakes, people would normally associate it with syrup.  With that in mind, I made a fruity sweet bbq sauce with a kick from the jalapeno.  I Had pureed the whole sauce, but left chunks of peaches and pieces of candied jalapenos.

Pulled Pork Cornbread Pancake with Candied Jalapeno Peach BBQ Sauce:
Cornbread is one of my favorite things to eat especially with corn and jalapenos in it.  I made a quick cornbread batter with corn and jalapenos in it and made pancakes.  I have been making these for a while, but never thought of it going with BBQ.  I took some of Corkscrew BBQ's Pulled Pork and let it soak in the BBQ sauce that I made.  And I just covered the pancakes with the delicious meat. 





Sausage Crepe with Candied Jalapeno Peach BBQ Sauce:
I wanted to add the corn and jalapeno to the crepe batter, but crepe being so light, I figured it would tear it.  For the batter, I just made the cornbread batter but just lighter.  I did the same thing with the sausage, I let it soak in the BBQ sauce for a little while and stuffed the crepes.  I had made a quick corn salsa as a topping. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment