Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Chicken Hash topped with a Fried Egg and Hollandaise Sauce


Sunday morning was fun in the kitchen.  What started off as a chicken omelette so I can use up the shredded chicken turned into something completely different.

I started to do some prep work on some ingredients, and started brain storming.  I diced some potatoes, onion, red and green bell peppers. and garlic.

I got the potatoes started first because that was going to take the longest part to cook.  I tossed it with paprika, onion and garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oregano and tossed it in the pan with some of the garlic oil from my jar of garlic confit.

For the chicken, it was some left over shredded chicken from a couple days before that was not seasoned with much.  I wanted a garlicy chicken so I added some more of the garlic oil and added in the chicken and fresh garlic and added some chicken broth to let it cook down a bit.  This was sauteed with the bell peppers and onion.  The mushroom was sauteed on the side for presentation purposes.

As for the fried egg.  This will be my first go around with it.  I was inspired by a homechef on Instagram for the fried egg.  The most difficult part of all of this is cooking the egg.  I had soft boiled the egg and this has to be done pretty precisely because too little time, the egg white is too runny to peel and too much then it turns into a hard boiled egg.  There really is no way to know how it looks on the inside until you cut into it so I just hoped for the best.

Like anything that is breaded and fried, I rolled the egg in some flour then into a egg wash and then into some panko.  I quickly fried it.

After looking back at my plate and realizing that it is too "dry" looking, I decided to make a hollandaise sauce real quick.

Ladies and gentlemen...here we have it...Chicken Hash topped with a Fried Soft Boiled Egg and Hollandaise Sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment