Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Banh Mi Platter to Banh Mi Sliders



Dinner was suppose to be simple the night I had prepared this plate.  We had a long weekend and last thing I wanted to do on Monday evening is cook (shocker...I know).

We had all items to make a pretty decent banh mi.  I had a Vietnamese fried ham (cha chien), the pate I had made recently, cilantro, cucumber, and of course the bread.  The only thing I had to make was the pickled carrots (do chua) which was simple and a Sriracha aioli.

The second I started to slice the ham, I had the urge to want to turn it into something else.  Yes...a regular banh mi would have been awesome, but it is just a sandwich and so plain.  So I decided to make a banh mi platter...basically banh mi deconstructed.


Do not ask why.  I thought it would have been fun and it was.  But as I was eating it, I found myself building little "sliders".  This lead to another idea that I thought would have made a great looking picture and think outside of the box kind of plating.  

I ran back into the kitchen starving to the point that I was shaking, but I had an idea and I had to execute it.  Next thing I knew it, I stood back and realized, I had banh mi sliders! ( pictured above).

No comments:

Post a Comment