Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Starting off the day right! Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes and Green Juice!

 
 
Well, I fell off the wagon the past couple weeks with my eating habits.  Not going to the gym and bad eating habits makes a big boy bigger!  Back on track I go! 

We had blueberries in the freezer that we had froze and it needed to be used.  I whipped up a pancake batter using whole wheat flour and AP Flour.  Unless you want blue pancakes (which I thought about) do not mix the batter and blueberries together because the blueberries will burst.  Add the blueberries once you have poured your batter onto the skillet. 

I have never been too big on syrup so I made a blueberry sauce for my pancakes.  I cooked this down and added a bit of Stevia to sweeten it a bit. 

Onto the protein.  I pan fried a couple eggs.  While the eggs were cooking, I got the bright idea of taking the jalapeno turkey lunch meat and rolled it up with some jalapeno jack cheese and threw that on the pan with the eggs.

Now this next part may not be for everyone, but I promise, over time it grows on you.  Making of the Green Juice!  Basically whatever greens you want throw it in the blender with water (or any liquid) and blend away.  This morning, the blend included: Kale, cucumber, apples, kiwi, carrots, parsley, cilantro andddddddd ginger!  Now when drinking this, you want to stir and drink at the same time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment